End of 2014 (and 2 days of nurgle stuffs)


It's a not great pic... (none of them are, but I felt a need to document it, will hope to get better pic taken soon.) but yay! (bad) tabletop standard painted Nurgle force!

All year have been trying to get different projects complete but with shifting focus and bouts of complete motivational lack (health and stuff) have kinda struggled.

I got the vast majority of my empire done (all but one unit of foot-troops and some warmachines in a 3000-ish point army) and got started on my eldar (finally) as well as a couple of warbands for a song of blades and heroes and a random necromunda gang, so not bad, I just could have done better.

But yeah! I completed one thing over these past two days (admittedly to a shoddy tabletop standard) my Nurgle army! these miniatures are a combination of minis a friend (Jonah/Stygianheart @http://meanderingshade.blogspot.co.uk/ ) gave me, as he'd converted them up possibly five or more years ago and only dry brushed upto white on the ones he'd done, whilst 6 of the unconverted plague marines, the 2 characters, terminators and dreadnought, I added from random ebay lots this year and from my acquiring the marines from the last edition (or previous to last) of 40k (black reach?) about 3 years ago and had started converting them to chaos.
If my games group end up picking up on 40k again I am likely to dig these out and finish up/neaten the paintjobs then.

I still have a random bunch of conversions and bad paintjobs from previous chaos armies, still lurking in boxes and hope to get a khorne force put together at some point in time... much like a mirror to my warhammer fantasy really, as I have a half done nurgle army for that and miniatures laying about to put together a khorne force too. (all miniature hobbyists seems to end up with too many projects to finish, especially after over 15+ years hoarding...)

anyway a few more not great pictures to close post with will follow, and if you read this in time, have a happy new years eve celebrating the incoming of 2015, and may your new year be excellent to you!
 - Jess =)

Comments

  1. Have a great new year, and don't feel too bad about the pictures - I'm sure you'll get some better ones taken soon. I'm having fun trying to spot all the kitbashes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was having issues with blogger and posting images from photobucket too, otherwise it'd all be listed.
      hope you have a good night and the new year (after recovery if needed) treats you well.

      Delete
  2. Nice coherent look to these - great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, hopefully get to use them atleast once or twice in the new year (excuse for better lit pics, bad lighting and phone flash really don't work)
      have a good evening =)

      Delete
  3. A new army in the bank is always wonderful news so congrats ! The Dreadnought conversion is especially creepy ( in a good nurglesque way I mean).

    Happy new year to you too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers!
      Dreadnought conversion is one I had fun doing. (I love a little creepy every now and again, nurgle or otherwise)
      best of wishes to you for a happy new year =)

      Delete
  4. Have a great 2015 Pinkerton! *Whips you with a pointy stick* Now more painting! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woohoo! I mean "oh no! not the pointy stick again" =D

      see! I actually completed something! with paint! hope you and yours a good new year =)

      Delete
  5. Fab army! I wish I had painted mine a lighter colour, maybe necrotic flesh or something and then edged with brass or whatever... Nevermind!

    Check out my gallery on dA for some inspiration for some more nasties :D You sure have inspired me to get painting again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment